SLIDELL, La. (WGNO) — A suspicious device found in the front yard of a Slidell home was found to be no immediate threat to the area, according to the Slidell Police Department.
Around 9 a.m., officers shut down parts of West Hall Avenue between South Carnation and South Pine streets to begin investigating.
At 9:05 a.m., the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad was dispatched to the scene and after further examination, deputies determined the device was not a threat to the residents.
While law enforcement agencies are no longer on the scene, the incident remains under investigation as officers say it appears that someone was intentionally trying to cause a disturbance.
- 10 Senate Democrats voice alarm over border security talks
- Students for Trump founder arrested, accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Congressional committee turns to Louisiana for ways to improve disaster recovery
- Colorado to ban ‘fatphobia’ discrimination in workplace, housing
- These are few Acadiana references in the HBO series True Detective season 1