ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Officials with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announced on Friday, Nov. 10, that both the northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 are expected to reopen starting the week of Nov. 13.
Officials with the DOTD say the southbound lanes will be closed on Sunday, Nov. 12, starting at 6:30 a.m.
Drivers will be detoured at exit 22 near the Service Road onto Old US 51. Entrance will be at I-55 southbound toward New Orleans at exit 7 near Ruddock.
To stay up to date with repairs, drivers are encouraged to watch the DOTD website. Out-of-state drivers can call 1-888-762-3511 for the latest construction update.
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal