ST. BERNARD PARISH, La. (WGNO) — St. Bernard Parish residents can bring their expired medications to the St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office’s Drug Take-Back Day event on Oct. 28.
From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., parish residents can drop off their expired or unwanted medications to agents with the SBSO Special Investigations Division Narcotics Unit at the Walgreens at 100 W. Judge Perez Dr.
They said the initiative was started nationally by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and “has seen more than 4.8 million pounds of prescription drugs collected since its inception in 2010.”
SBSO officials said those who can’t make it on Oct. 28 can drop off their expired or unwanted medications throughout the year at the SBSO substation located at 4700 Paris Rd. in Chalmette.
- Subaru ushers in a new era with 2025 Forester
- Louisiana food stamp cardholders told to change PIN after skimming devices found in stores
- Schumer: Too many Americans are ‘leaping toward a virulent antisemitism’
- Percent of college students witnessing antisemitism spikes since start of academic year: poll
- A mom chose an off-the-grid school for safety from COVID. No one protected her kid from the teacher