MAUREPAS, La. (BRPROUD) — A motorcyclist was killed on Tuesday afternoon around 12:30 p.m. on LA 22 near Haynes Road in Livingston Parish.
According to a release from Louisiana State Police, the crash claimed the life of Nile Sudo Jr., 72, of Westwego.
During an investigation, it was discovered that Sudo was riding a 2011 Yamaha XV1900 Raider motorcycle westbound on LA 22. Though Sudo was wearing a DOT-approved helmet, he still received fatal injuries as a result of the crash.
According to LSP, Sudo failed to arrange a left-hand curve, causing him to enter a ditch and strike an electrical pole. Sudo was ejected from the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A toxicology sample was secured by Sudo and it will be submitted for analysis, according to LSP.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson
- Opelousas defeats Cecilia, 26-13, for first-ever football state championship
- Jayden Daniels honored as top QB in college football, Payton Wilson named best defender
- FNF Best Chevrolet Best Player of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Kyle Cannon
- Saints QB Derek Carr clears concussion protocol, could play vs. Panthers