BELLE CHASSE, La. (WGNO) — Croatian President Zoran Milanović visited Plaquemines Parish on Saturday, Sept. 23 to celebrate the opening of a new Croatian cultural center.
Milanović was welcomed by Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser and participated in a ribbon cutting and christening ceremony for the new Croatian House in Belle Chasse.
The new cultural center will be used as a gathering and event space for the Croatian community.
“This is so important to Plaquemines Parish and to Croatia and all the oyster fishermen that have made their life here in Louisiana. To have the president visit, and to christen this, cut the ribbon on this new facility, it’s an incredible shot in the arm for Plaquemines Parish and for Louisiana,” said Nungesser.
He presented Milanović with a special proclamation to honor the event.
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- NOPD searching for suspect in LASPCA van theft
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- ‘Killer preying on the unhoused’: LA police seek suspect after 3 men found dead