NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A woman is hospitalized after being hit by a police vehicle on Sunday, Oct. 8, according to the New Orleans Police Department.
In a release from the NOPD, reports show around 9:20 p.m., an officer was heading up the on-ramp to US 90 East at Barrone and Calliope streets when the woman reportedly walked in front of the vehicle and was hit.
Officers say she was taken to a local hospital where she is listed in critical condition.
No further details are available at this time as the incident remains under investigation.
WGNO will provide an update as more information is released.
- Giuliani ‘hijacked’ lives of two Georgia election workers, lawyer argues
- 6-story building partially collapses in the Bronx: FDNY
- Abita Springs student accused of planning to ‘shoot up a school,’ deputies say
- Dramatic Texas case underscores minefields for courts on abortion
- George Santos ‘presently engaged in plea negotiations,’ US attorney says