NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The river-bound lanes of Carrollton Avenue near Spruce Street are closed following the fall of an oak tree near Stuart Hall School for Boys on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Stuart Hall officials said in a statement that the tree “took down powerlines” near the school, causing the school to close early after losing power.
A parked car was also impacted as the tree fell.
Crews are at the site working to cut down branches.
There is no word on the cause of the tree collapse, or how long the removal process will take.
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds