NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The river-bound lanes of Carrollton Avenue near Spruce Street are closed following the fall of an oak tree near Stuart Hall School for Boys on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Stuart Hall officials said in a statement that the tree “took down powerlines” near the school, causing the school to close early after losing power.
A parked car was also impacted as the tree fell.
Crews are at the site working to cut down branches.
There is no word on the cause of the tree collapse, or how long the removal process will take.
- I-10 airport flyover expected to open tomorrow
- Warren Easton Eagles soar to big win over John Ehret Thursday night
- Reverse osmosis systems arrive in Plaquemines parish
- WCSO releases body camera footage of active shooter gun battle
- Federal funding secured for saltwater intrusion in New Orleans despite potential government shutdown