NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Happy holidays, Louisiana! Whether it be non-profits, churches, politicians, or professional athletes, our community has stepped up to say that no one should be without food as we celebrate the season of giving and gratitude. Here’s where you can find food in the Greater New Orleans area.
Hosting a giveaway you want us to add to the list? Email us at email@example.com with subject line “Thanksgiving Giveaways.”
Monday, November 21
Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office 48th Annual Thanksgiving Celebration
- Running from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Located at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- More than 3,000 holiday meals to be served to those in assisted living facilitities, shelters, and more
- Meals will include turkey, stuffing, yams, peas, rolls, and pies (sweet potato or pecan)
- Sponsored by the Louisiana Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Bunny Bread, JenCare, OPSO Reserve Deputy Unit, Summit Food Service and the Morial Convention Center.
Tuesday, November 22
1,000 Turkeys and Hams Given Away by InspireNOLA Charter Schools
- Alice Harte Charter School (5300 Berkley Drive)
- Beginning at 10 a.m. until supplies run out
- Visitors will be given their protein of choice along with a perishable food package
- Sponsored by Freddie King III, U.S. Representative Troy Carter, State Senator Jimmy Harris, State Senator Gary Carter, State Representative Delisha Boyd, District Attorney Jason Williams, Elroy James, Wright Gray Trial Lawyers, Infinity Title, King Ja’mere Foundation, and the Benjamin Foundation
1,000 Thanksgiving Meals at New Orleans Mission
- Begins at 12 p.m. while supplies last
- Located at the New Orleans Mission (1134 Baronne Street)
- Sponsored by Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts
Thursday, November 24
Free Thanksgiving Day Meal
- First Baptist Church of Golden Meadows
- 187 Oakridge Drive, Golden Meadow, La. 70357
- Starts at 11:30 a.m.
- The event is free and open to everyone. Traditional Thanksgiving meal will be served