NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — New Orleans officials held a joint news conference on Tuesday, Nov. 7 to discuss the ongoing efforts to control the wildfire in New Orleans.
New Orleans Fire Department Chief Roman Nelson, Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans Deputy General Superintendent Ron Spooner and District Engineer Administrator with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development were in attendance.
The three discussed the ongoing response to the active wildfire in New Orleans East.
The fire has sent smoke into the air and onto the roadways, causing sicknesses and crashes on interstates.
Watch the full update:
- FNF Semi-Finals: Oak Grove holds off Kentwood rally for 49-28 win
- FNF Best Chevrolet Best Player of the Week: Edna Karr’s John Johnson
- FNF Semi-Finals: Riverside punches ticket to the dome with statement win over Vermilion Catholic
- FNF Semi-Finals: St. James is dome-bound after 28-17 win over Sterlington
- FNF Semi-Finals: Newman falls to Calvary Baptist 35-27