NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department will be graduating its first lateral transfer academy class in 25 years on Friday, Nov. 17.
The graduates consist of three officers who have transferred from law enforcement agencies across Louisiana.
In total, the officers bring 50 years of experience into their new positions.
The NOPD has sworn in five additional officers over the past five days.
There will be a badge pinning ceremony at 9:30 a.m. before the graduation ceremony at 10 a.m. at the NOPD Police Education and Training Division Academy at 4650 Paris Ave.
- New EPA methane emissions rule could save Louisiana taxpayers and the environment
- Dense Fog Advisory for New Orleans metro, South Mississippi
- White scores season-high 31 as Bulls beat Pelicans 124-118
- Formerly homeless teen, with no parents shares how Jobs for America helped brighten his future
- Destination Louisiane: Baton Rouge Zoo is bringing new animals, exhibits and fun for the family