NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell and the Office of Workforce Development will celebrate the grand opening of Job1’s new office with a career fair.
On Thursday, Oct. 12, job seekers will have the opportunity to connect with high-paying, high-demand jobs at the new Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard location. The fair will provide on-site services, connect job seekers, and celebrate the new building.
The event will happen from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a ribbon cutting to happen at 1 p.m. at 1307 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.
Officials with Job1 Business and Career Solutions say the goal is to provide employers with a skilled workforce and to link seekers to employment that leads to self-sufficiency by way of federally funded training services.
Cantrell will be joined by:
- Sunae Villavaso — Office of Workforce Development Director
- Gregory Curtis — New Orleans Workforce Development Board Chair
- Pastor Tom Watson — Dryades YMCA Board of Directors and JOB1 Partner Chair
- Debra Giordano — Service and Delivery for Equus Workforce Solutions Vice-President
- Councilmember Lesli Harris — District B
- Revamped Golden Globes: How and when to watch nominations
- Are we in a ‘silent depression’? TikTokers claim 2023 economy is worse than Great Depression
- Man dies after allegedly being chased through park, tased by Shreveport police
- 18 companies cut ties with Sean Combs’ business venture in wake of sexual assault allegations
- Cold start to Monday, quiet week ahead