NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A two-alarm fire early Monday morning in the Central City area left a cocktail lounge damaged, according to the New Orleans Fire Department.
Around 3:03 a.m. on Nov. 20, NOFD firefighters were called to the scene in the 1800 block of Thalia Street. Arriving at 3:08 a.m., they witnessed the fire coming from the middle of an outside patio area of The Treehouse.
A statement from an employee, who was the last to leave the building at 2:30 a.m., said all was fine when they left.
When firefighters entered the building, they found an outside booth and utility shed engulfed in flames.
A second alarm was called at 3:11 a.m.
The blaze spread to a part of the main building’s covered patio but was put out before it spread. The flames were under control by 3:38 a.m.
Firefighters reported the booth and shed were destroyed while another shed suffered fire damage.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. In total, 16 units and 44 firefighters responded to the scene. The cause remains under investigation.
- Three arrested after guns, pounds of drugs recovered in LaPlace drug bust
- UNLV shooting: Here’s what we know
- WHO pushes for higher taxes on alcohol, sugary drinks
- Orleans Parish domestic violence court continues its mission
- New Orleans Office of Inspector General concludes investigation into possible breach in Vappie investigation