NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A man is dead after a crash on the westbound side of Interstate 10 at the Highrise Bridge, according to the New Orleans Police Department.
According to NOPD officers, around 4:00 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 6, they were called to investigate the scene of the deadly crash.
An investigation revealed a man was headed west on the interstate when for reasons unknown, his vehicle made contact with another vehicle, lost control, and struck a guard rail.
The man was ejected from his vehicle and was pronounced dead on the scene.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office will release the man’s identity after an autopsy is done and the family is notified.
As a result of the crash, all westbound lanes of the interstate were shut down during the investigation but have since reopened.
Anyone with information on the crash can call NOPD Traffic Fatality Unit detectives at (504)-658-6205.
- 18 companies cut ties with Sean Combs’ business venture in wake of sexual assault allegations
- Do teachers outed for moonlighting in adult content have legal recourse?
- GOP senators soften skepticism of Trump
- Fallout rises from McCarthy handshake deal with White House
- Trump doubles down on ‘dictator’ remarks at New York Republican gala