NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A woman is dead after a construction beam hit her in the head on Friday, Sept. 22.
According to the New Orleans Police Department’s major offense log, a woman was working at a construction site in the 0-10 block of Canal Street, near Harrah’s casino, when she was struck with metal beam.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
This is a developing story. Stay with WGNO as we learn more.
- Florida school district adding 4-day weekends to combat chronic absences
- Toys for Tots in New Orleans requesting toy donations amid inflation, increased need
- Shohei Ohtani signing with Los Angeles Dodgers
- Holiday shopping survey reveals stressful trend among US consumers
- 10 best and worst cities for singles, study finds