NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Sadness lives on in the New Orleans East community after the loss of three children who were killed in a house fire allegedly set by their father.
“I can’t even imagine how she feels losing not one but three children,” said America Street Committee member Delores Trotter.
Trotter’s group will be accepting donations for the mother tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 20.
The group plans to gather in a park near the crime scene, at 6 p.m. The park is in the 4600 block of America Street.
There will be a balloon release in remembrance of the children, and a locked box will be set aside for donations.
The children’s mother, whose name has not been released, needs help with funeral expenses for the children, and she lost her belongings in the fire.
“We are trying to have a balloon release to bring the community together. We are also going to have a lockbox for anyone who wants to donate. Let’s get this mother’s children buried in the right way,” says Trotter.
Those who wish to make donations can also contribute to the family’s GoFundMe page.
- Hunter Biden indicted on tax charges
- Michelle Obama, Jon Batiste in New Orleans for ‘American Symphony’ screening
- Two-thirds of Americans think they’ll be better off financially in 2024: survey
- Tulane University under discrimination investigation following pro-Palestine protest
- Reigning Masters champion Jon Rahm joins LIV Golf tour