NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A bicyclist is dead after a crash in the Seventh Ward overnight, according to the New Orleans Police Department.
Officers say around 11:11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 1, they responded to the corner of North Claiborne Avenue and Touro Street where a man was struck by an unknown vehicle.
An investigation revealed the vehicle was headed east on North Claiborne, and had the right-of-way when the bicyclist came from Touro Street and rode out in front of the vehicle.
The man was taken to a local hospital by EMS, where he later died from his injuries. Police say the driver cooperated with the investigation and remained on the scene.
No further information is available at this time.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office will release the victim’s identity after an autopsy is done and the family is notified.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is asked to call Traffic Fatality Investigator Michael Baldassaro at (504)-658-6205.
- White scores season-high 31 as Bulls beat Pelicans 124-118
- Formerly homeless teen, with no parents shares how Jobs for America helped brighten his future
- Destination Louisiane: Baton Rouge Zoo is bringing new animals, exhibits and fun for the family
- USC professor banned over Hamas comments permitted to return to campus
- Ed-itorial: Green Wave lose title game and likely Willie Fritz