Neighbors help each other evacuate Laplace apartment building fire

Louisiana

LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) — On Tuesday, November 2, the St. John Parish Fire Department responded to an alarm at an apartment building in Laplace.

A witness told WGNO that neighbors were helping each other evacuate the building. Many residents were still recovering from Hurricane Ida.

No one was injured in the blaze. Firefighters believe the fire might have been caused by something on a stove.

The American Red Cross was on scene Tuesday night to help those affected by the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Popular

Latest News

More News