All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
OUACHITA PARISH (KTVE/KARD) — Around 5 p.m. Saturday Louisiana State Police were notified of a crash on U.S. 165 near Charmingdale Road. Upon arrival, authorities learned that a black Chevrolet Tahoe exited the roadway, crashing and overturning the vehicle upside-down.
According to the affidavit, troopers made contact with the driver, Christopher J. Barnes, who was uninjured and allegedly refused medical attention. Authorities placed Barnes under arrest after he allegedly seemed too impaired to operate a vehicle.
Authorities went on to locate a backpack in Barnes’ possession that contained hundreds of Xanax tablets and approximately 100 or more Oxycodone tablets. Barnes was charged with two counts of Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Dangerous Substance, Careless Operation, and Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated.
His bond was set at $21,250.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- CDC warns of deadly bacteria in coastal waters
- New trial possible for Alabama woman awarded half a million against employer
- Rhode Island city gets bus to help house its homeless population
- Authorities conduct vehicle search for suspicions of illegal narcotics delivery to a Louisiana inmate
- FBI’s Wray faces contempt vote: How did we get here?