All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
OUACHITA PARISH (KTVE/KARD) — Around 5 p.m. Saturday Louisiana State Police were notified of a crash on U.S. 165 near Charmingdale Road. Upon arrival, authorities learned that a black Chevrolet Tahoe exited the roadway, crashing and overturning the vehicle upside-down.
According to the affidavit, troopers made contact with the driver, Christopher J. Barnes, who was uninjured and allegedly refused medical attention. Authorities placed Barnes under arrest after he allegedly seemed too impaired to operate a vehicle.
Authorities went on to locate a backpack in Barnes’ possession that contained hundreds of Xanax tablets and approximately 100 or more Oxycodone tablets. Barnes was charged with two counts of Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Dangerous Substance, Careless Operation, and Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated.
His bond was set at $21,250.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- 8 years later, pizza delivery man’s murder remains unsolved
- Family frustrated as trial for NOLA man accused of double homicide postponed due to mental incompetency
- Warm and windy to wrap up the week
- Monroe man forces woman into vehicle and allegedly imprisons her in his apartment to participate in sexual activities
- NOPD tears down crime hot spots – how to report one on your block