BATON ROUGE, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Louisiana Sec. of State Kyle Ardoin asked Louisianians to pray for relief from temps, drought, and wildfires Sunday.
“I implore Louisianians of all faiths and religious affiliations to join together in prayer for relief from these extreme conditions, for those who have lost their homes in these wildfires and those forced to evacuate because of them,” said Ardoin.
He also asked for prayer for the first responders working around the clock to keep everyone safe.
Ardoin declared Sat., Aug. 26, and Sun., Aug. 27 a “Weekend of Prayer in Louisiana.” He also asked that citizens be mindful of the statewide burn ban.
“Prayer is powerful,” he said. “I know Louisianans will come together to help those who have lost so much in these difficult days.”
- Winning Powerball numbers drawn for $785 million jackpot
- LSU football run game kicks into high gear in time for road test at Ole Miss
- Candidates for treasurer aim to use investments to tackle state issues
- Travis Kelce jersey sales increase nearly 400% after Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game: report
- Driver pleads not guilty in Vermont crash that killed actor Treat Williams