THIBODAUX, La. (WGNO) — Governor John Bel Edwards is in Thibodaux on Monday, Aug. 28, cutting the ribbon on the newly completed project bringing high-speed internet to Lafourche Parish.
The project is called the Lafourche Crossing project. It’s part of the GUMBO project, which stands for “Granting Unserved Municipalities Broadband Opportunities”
So far, GUMBO has brought high-speed internet to over 100 Louisiana homes and businesses throughout Lafourche.
Edwards will be joined by Congressmen Troy Carter and Former Mayor Mitch Landrieu.
- GOP leaders reverse to strip Ukraine aid from defense spending bill
- Pence calls for expedited death penalty for perpetrators of mass shootings
- GOP Debate: Christie sends message to Trump, ‘We’re gonna call you ‘Donald Duck’
- Tim Scott, Pence troll Ramaswamy on debate stage
- SWBNO pipeline project deemed most viable to offset salt water