KENNER, La. (WGNO) — The Junior League of New Orleans brought in the Halloween spirit with big trucks and costumes for its annual Touch-a-Truck event on Saturday, Oct. 28.
According to organizers, the annual event serves as a way to introduce children to “the people that protect, serve and build our community.”
The event was held at 10 a.m. at the Pontchartrain Center.
Attendees were able to have a hands-on experience with 25 different types of construction trucks, such as ambulances, tractors, utility trucks, boats and a helicopter.
The event also featured a costume contest emceed by Preservation Hall Jazz Band member Branden Lewis.
For more information about the event, visit the Junior League of New Orleans website.
- Dreaming of a sparkly Christmas? Diamond prices dip low this year
- Cool with more sun Wednesday
- Lawmakers say Congress could strike deal on overall government funding this week
- Inflation, economy: What GOP presidential candidates say they will do
- Canadian brand to pay for your real maple syrup at American restaurants