JEFFERSON PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Troopers with the Louisiana State Police report a Westwego man is dead after being hit by a car on U.S. 90B in Jefferson Parish on Saturday, Nov. 4.
LSP officials said troopers responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian on U.S.90B west near Nine Mile Point Road in Bridge City around 6:40 p.m.
They said an initial investigation shows 65-year-old Paul Dominy Jr. was standing or walking in the westbound lanes of U.S.90B near Nine Mile Point Road while an unknown car was driving west.
According to the LSP, the car then hit Dominy and continued driving without stopping.
Dominy suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
LSP officials said the investigation is ongoing, and a routine toxicology sample was collected from Dominy.
Anyone with information about the crash can contact Louisiana State Police Troop B at (504)-471-2775.
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal