MARRERO, La. (WGNO) — Jefferson Parish deputies are investigating the cause of a fire that happened at the Walmart store in Marrero on Tuesday, Oct. 17.
The fire reportedly broke out around 11 p.m., which is when the store closes.
Deputies are in the process of determining whether the fire was an act of arson or an accident. No further details are available at this time.
Store managers posted to Facebook that the location will remain closed until further notice and that the stores on Manhattan Boulevard and Jefferson Highway are open and ready to serve the community.
They add all pharmaceutical needs will also be handled by a different Walmart location.
- 5 takeaways from Trump’s town hall with Sean Hannity
- Cooler Wednesday behind front
- Metairie pharmacist weighs in on state increase in respiratory illness during holiday season
- ‘I just ran across the aisle’: Fans recall helping man who died at Kings-Pelicans game
- Faculty of ‘F’ graded New Orleans school says students thrive