KENNER, La. (WGNO) — Crews with the Kenner Fire Department responded to a two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Kenner on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Officials with the Kenner Fire Department said in a Facebook post that crews responded to a structure fire at the Sunlake Apartments in the 800 block of Joe Yenni Boulevard.
KFD officials said firefighters rescued two people from the complex, and no injuries were reported.
Officials with the Kenner Police Department reported that the 700 to 1000 blocks of Joe Yenni Boulevard eastbound and westbound were closed as crews worked to extinguish the fire and have since reopened.
- Senate GOP stages hearing walkout to protest Supreme Court-related subpoenas
- Palestinian Vermont shooting victim: ‘I’m not safe in America’
- TopGolf announces opening date for Lafayette location
- Man caught on camera robbing Arabi business, deputies say
- More hostages released in Gaza as ceasefire extended