JEFFERSON PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Officials with the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve announced that the Jean Lafitte fire has been contained on Wednesday, Nov. 15.
Park officials said crews completed their efforts to contain the fire by deploying sprinklers and portable water tanks and now report 100% containment.
Park officials said smoke has not been seen in the area for a week, and they will continue to monitor the area for signs of smoke.
- Louisiana granted extra time to draw new congressional map that complies with Voting Rights Act
- Schools crack down on cell phones, sparking debate on safety and tech use
- Cartels, death, denial: A region under siege — Part One
- Queen Latifah, Billy Crystal among honorees at Kennedy Center gala
- Progressives heap pressure on Democrats as border talks screech to halt