NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Starting August 17, residents in seven Louisiana parishes will have the opportunity to apply for a one-time $150 credit toward their utility bills. The funds were made possible by Entergy New Orleans and Entergy Louisiana shareholders
$4.4 million has been committed to the state for residents in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Tangipahoa, St. Tammany, and Washington parishes to aid in bill payment assistance by way of Louisiana United Ways.
“To qualify, customers must have a total household income of up to 250% of the federal poverty level, which equates to $69,000 for a family of four,” said Entergy.
In addition to the million-dollar pledge, a $425,000 supplemental donation was made to Entergy’s ‘The Power to Care’ program, to help customers that are either older low-income adults or those with disabilities. $450,000 worth of grants will also be donated to local non-profits across the state.
“By partnering with the United Way, we are reaching additional customers who may not qualify for other assistance programs,” said Deanna Rodriguez, Entergy New Orleans president, and CEO. “Aligning with our community partners is the best way we know how to ensure these funds go where they’re needed the most.”
Customers can find application information by calling the United Way at 211 or texting 898-211. For the most up to date information on bill assistance, residents can log on to Entergy’s website.
The following forms are required for application:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
- One of the following income options for each income earner age 18 or older:
- First page of 2021 tax return(s)
- 2021 W2(s)
- Last paystub(s)
- Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042S form(s)
With applications being processed at the following United Ways partners:
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana (Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington)
- Capital Area United Way (East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Livingston, Ascension, St. James, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, West Feliciana, East Feliciana and St. Helena)
- United Way South Louisiana (Assumption, Lafourche, and Terrebonne)
- United Way of Southwest Louisiana (Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis, Allen, and Beauregard)
- United Way Central Louisiana (Avoyelles, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Winn)
- United Way of Northeast Louisiana (Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union and West Carroll)
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana (Sabine, Bossier, Red River, Natchitoches, Bienville, Claiborne and Webster)
- United Way of Acadiana (Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin and Vermilion)
- St. John United Way (St. John)
- United Way of St. Charles (St. Charles)
- St. Landry-Evangeline United Way (St. Landry)
- United Way of Iberia (Iberia)