KENNER, La. (WGNO) — A woman has since died from her injuries after she and another woman crashed into a Kenner canal last week.
Kenner police said the crash happened around 8:40 p.m. in the 3200 block of Chateau Boulevard on Thursday, June 1. Responding officers arrived at the scene to find the vehicle upside down in a canal.
Two women, 60 and 58, were removed from the vehicle. They were both unconscious and taken by ambulance to a local hospital.
According to Kenner police, the women were traveling south on Chateau Boulevard when they crashed through a metal gate and into the canal.
Kenner police said the driver has since died in a hospital. The other woman is recovering.
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds