NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Tulane University held a grand opening ceremony for a new Tulane University Police Department station on campus on Wednesday, Aug. 9.
The new TUPD station is located on the corner of Broadway and Zimple streets, near The Boot Bar & Grill.
Tulane officials said officers will be on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help both Tulane students and the neighboring community.
University representatives said the addition of the new TUPD station is a critical step for the Uptown campus and neighboring areas.
“The reason we feel it’s important to be off campus as well as on campus is that it shows an investment in our community,” said TUPD Chief Kirk Bouyelas.
Officials with the university said the new location will also strengthen its collaboration with the New Orleans Police Department for patrolling areas around the campus.
- Atlantic remains active as NHC expects new tropical storm to form this week
- FUELED Wellness + Nutrition | Olive Oil Taste Test, Revealed
- Two charged with murder after missing Thibodaux man found dead
- Menendez to address Senate Democrats about criminal charges
- Rare ‘Dumbo octopus’ filmed near the Hawaiian Islands