AMITE, La. (WGNO) —Tangipahoa Parish officials remind motorists that Tangipahoa Parish Road and Bridge crews plan to complete three culvert replacement projects this week.
Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said crews have scheduled the following culvert replacement projects:
- Tuesday, July 6, on Russell Town Road
- Wednesday, July 7, on Cory Road
- Thursday, July 8, on School Road
Due to the extent of the work involved, each roadway will be closed to traffic at the site of the repair during the construction process. Detour signs will be posted on the day of construction.
In addition to the rail repairs, overlay crews are also planning for a busy week.
Local road construction projects scheduled for July 6-9 include:
- Asphalt overlay on Arena, Brumfield, North Oak, Lafitte, Ruth, Caroline, E. Hoover, Harvey, Midway, Buckles Lane, Old Genessee, Webster, and Michelli
- Asphalt patching on North Oak, E. Hoover, Ruth, Harvey, Caroline, Wyndotte, Michelli, Robert Vernon, Houltonwood, and Old Genessee
- Milling on Wilson, Ruffino, Steptoe, Dykes, and North Cooper
- Cement work on Airline and Dykes
- Shoulder work on Schum, R Harper, Morgan Howes, Wheat Crest, Osceola, Phoenix Square, and North Oak
- Three course treatment work on F Lea, G Lea, B Sanders, Doty, Wyndotte, Robert Vernon, Sandy Hollow, Houltonwood, Glen Alford, J Rowden, Voight, and St. Alexander
All work is weather-permitting.
Signs will be posted on the day of construction, and motorists are reminded to use alternate routes, where possible, due to traffic delays during the construction period.