This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
NEW ORLEANS – School activities, classes, summer camps, and more, are being cancelled ahead of the tropical storm.
WGNO will be updating this list as more information becomes available.
- All schools and offices of the Lafourche Parish School Board will be closed Thursday, July 11
- All Saturday ACT Testing at Bonnabel High, Grace King High, and Pope John Paul II Catholic High have been postponed
- LSU will be closed on Friday July 12, Saturday July 13, and Sunday July 14. All classes and events scheduled for those days are cancelled.
- Schools in the Archdiocese of New Orleans to close on Friday in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, and St. John the Baptist Parishes
- All schools and offices in Jefferson Parish Schools will be closed Friday, July 12
- St. George’s Episcopal School’s Dragon Camp and Ready Set Read program will be closed Friday, July 12.
- The University of Holy Cross will be closed on Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13
- Carlie Care Kids Preschool closed on Friday July 12
- Herzing University in Kenner closed on Friday July 12
- The University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be closed Friday, July 12
- Nicholls State University- Thursday night classes will continue as scheduled, but classes and activities are canceled for Friday, July 12
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and Summer Early Learning Center, and Leavell College are cancelling all classes both Thursday and Friday
- The University of Holy Cross will be closed Thursday
- Southern University of New Orleans (SUNO) will be closed both Thursday and Friday
- Dillard University’s Gentilly campus will be closed on Thursday, July 11 to Friday, July 12
- Nunez Community college will be closed Thursday, July 11, with updates to follow on additional days
- Xavier University will be closed Thursday-Sunday, July 11-14 due to predicted inclement weather. The campus will reopen Monday, July 15.
- Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court will be closing today at Noon through 8 AM Monday, July 15
- The NET: Central City and The NET: Gentilly will be closed Thursday, July 11 to Friday, July 12
- Second Parish Court in Jefferson Parish will close at noon on Thursday, July 11, and will reopen on Monday, July 15, at 8:30 A.M.
- Ochsner Urgent Care- Warehouse District (900 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130) will be closed Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12.
- All six sites of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve as well as New Orleans Jazz National Historical park will be closed Thursday and Friday, July 11 & 12. They may reopen on Saturday, but if so, without any of Saturday’s scheduled programs.
- All Audubon Nature Institute facilities will be closed on Thursday with updates to follow on following days
- Gretna City Hall will close at noon on Thursday, July 11, and remain closed until 8:00 Monday morning
- Civil District Court in New Orleans and First and Second City Court will close at noon on Thursday
- City Park closed: Thursday, July 11 – Sunday, July 14