BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) With a petition this weekend, Louisiana lawmakers are proceeding to their second special session of the year.
When the legislature closed the year’s first special session in June, the idea was it would return this fall to decide how to allocate a second federal stimulus, and that second stimulus is still unclear.
This session will tackle matters regarding replenishing the unemployment trust fund without tax hikes and Hurricane Laura relief.
This session would start a week on September 28 and will last approximately 30 days.
As of this publishing of the article, no special session has been announced.
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- Sandbag locations open on Tuesday in St. James Parish
- Sandbags available in New Orleans as city prepares for Hurricane Zeta
- Map shows early frigid blast sweeping half the country
- Voters could remove racist phrases from Alabama Constitution in third attempt since 2000