NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Will nearly a million customers still without power in Southeast Louisiana following the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Ida, patients in need of oxygen and/or dialysis treatment are facing critical uncertainty.
Ochsner Health has released the following locations for oxygen support and information from the New Orleans Health Department regarding dialysis treatment.
- New Orleans Fire Station 1 – 2920 Magazine St; Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- New Orleans Fire Station 36 – 5403 Read Blvd; Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- New Orleans Fire Station 6 – 4500 Gentilly Rd; Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- New Orleans Fire Station 40 – 2500 General de Gaulle Dr; Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- Johnny Jacobs Playground in Marrero – 5851 5th Ave; Marrero, LA 70072
- Cleary Playground – 3700 Civic St; Metairie, LA 70001
Ochsner stresses that patients in need of oxygen support due to electricity issues should call 211 to find a nearby location. Ochsner also urges patients in need of oxygen to avoid going to the Emergency Room unless they are seeking emergency medical care.
- Davita Uptown in Touro Hospital
- Davita Gentilly at 4720 Paris Avenue
- FKC Metairie at 4425 Utica St
- FKC Lake Forest at 10545 Lake Forest Blvd
- FKC Downtown at 2235 Poydras st
- FKC Marrero at 735 Westbank Expressway
To receive a status update on your dialysis center or to reschedule your dialysis appointment, please call the following numbers:
- Davita patients – call 504-283-9098 or 800-900-8331
- Fresenius patients – call 800-626-1297
- Dialysis Center Inc patients – call 866-424-1990
For patients who use RTA paratransit for transportation to appointments, call RTA at 504-827-7433 to schedule transportation.