NEW ORLEANS — Around 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning, the New Orleans Fire Department responded to a high-pressure gas leak in Mid-City.
The gas leak was reported at 222 N. Alexander Street.
Upon arrival, firefighters learned a high-pressure gas line had been ruptured by a construction crew working on the site.
The NOFD immediately began evacuating homes within one block of the leak, out of caution.
By 9:30 a.m. Entergy crews had shut off the gas line, allowing residents to return to their homes.
No injuries were reported in this incident.