NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — New Orleans Recreation Development (NORD) pools are officially open for the summer.
New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell and other city leaders celebrated the opening during Splash Day on Tuesday, June 6.
They kicked off the season with a dip in the Rosenwald Outdoor Pool on South Braud Street.
The following pools are open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Gert Town Indoor Pool – 3411 Broadway Street
- Joe W. Brown Indoor Pool – 5601 Read Boulevard (Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Federal City Outdoor Pool – 2200 Constitution Street (Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Sanchez Indoor Pool – 1616 Fats Domino Avenue
- Treme Indoor Pool – 900 North Villere Street (Open to public at 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
The following pools will open on June 8 on a rotating basis from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursday through Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- A.L. Davis Outdoor Pool – 2600 LaSalle Street
- Lyons Center Outdoor Pool – 624 Louisiana Avenue
- Pradat Outdoor Pool – 7200 Dreaux Avenue
- Rosenwald Outdoor Pool – 1120 S. Broad Street
- St. Bernard Outdoor Pool – 1500 Lafreniere Street
- Stallings St. Claude Outdoor Pool – 4300 St. Claude Avenue
- Stallings Gentilly Outdoor Pool – 2700 Lapeyrouse Street
- Whitney Young Outdoor Pool – 6500 Magazine Street
- Lemann Outdoor Pool – 4536 N. Prieur Street
- Sampson Outdoor Pool – 3211 Treasure Street
NORD is still in need of lifeguards. An application can be found on NORD’s website.
- Man barricades himself inside New Orleans home prompting SWAT Roll
- Fatal hit-and-run in Tremé area under investigation
- Biden campaign preps Latino outreach barrage to go alongside second GOP debate
- Toddler lost in Michigan woods found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Artists needed for an autumn event in Shreveport