This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

New Orleans — If you need some help paying your high, winter power bill, the non-profit, Total Community Action, might be able to help you.

The program helps low-income households in Orleans parish. They’re holding several Home Energy Assistance Days in our area. Monday, they’ll be at the John P. Lyons Center Uptown, from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. No appointments necessary, first come, first served.

You need to bring a driver’s license, social security card and proof of residence and income. Here’s a list of what’s accepted/needed:

1. Valid Driver License or State ID2. Social Security Card (all members of the household)3. Proof of Residence:a. Non-Public Housing; Deeds, Home Exemption document, Lease or Rent Receipt
b. Subsidize Housing Document or Section 8 Resident Work sheets (All residence documents must be signed by Caseworker or Landlord)
a. Contribution letters with a copy of a valid ID of the person making the contribution (The contributor cannot be a LIHEAP recipient)
b. Last four Consecutive Check Stubs, Unemployment Benefit printout
c. Current year Benefits Award Letters (Social Security, SSI, Veterans, Pension)
d. Self- Employed – Prior Tax Year Return
e. Recently Laid off: Letter of Termination
5. Food Stamp Printout (Issuance date must be within 30 days)
6. Energy Bill /Disconnect Notice (Crisis Only)
7. Household members 18 years or older with no income must complete a Zero Income form and have a valid ID.

On Thursday, TCA will be at the Sanchez Multi-Purpose Center in the Lower Ninth Ward. Friday, you can catch them at the Behrman Center in Algiers.

Click here for more information.