NEW ORLEANS — Independence Day is nearing and City Leaders are gearing up for firework displays.
If you’re wondering where to catch the shows, we have that list, right here on WGNO.com.
From New Orleans to the North Shore to the West Bank and beyond, celebrate July 4th with friends, family, and fireworks.
Check back often, as this list will be updated frequently.
- July 3 on The Goldring/Woldenberg Great Lawn
- 7PM: National Anthem sung by Robin Barnes and performance by Marine Forces Reserve Band
- 9PM: Fireworks by AFXPro
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early with chairs, blankets and picnics. Concessions will be available for purchase or you may bring your own picnic. The snoball stand will also be open with dozens of flavors.
- “Go 4th on the River”
- 9PM along the Mississippi Riverfront
- Fireworks Cruise on the Steamboat Natchez
- Happy 3rd of July at City Park
- Uncle Sam Jam: July 3rd
Lafreniere Park, Al Copeland Concert Meadow
12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.
Fireworks show at 9 pm
- Here Comes the Boom! at Treasure Chest Casino
- 20th Annual PARD Fireworks Show
Friday, July 2 – The gates will open at 5:00 p.m.
PARD-19030 Ponchatoula Park Dr. Ponchatoula, La.
No BBQ pits, animals, or alcohol.
Fireworks will begin at Dusk.
There will be concessions, entertainment, and family activities before the fireworks begin.
ST. TAMMANY PARISH
- Madisonville Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration: July 3rd
- Light Up the Lake Independence Day Celebration: July 4
Fireworks over the lake at dusk
- Slidell Heritage Festival: July 3rd
Slidell’s Heritage Park, 1701 Bayou Lane, Slidell, LA 70458
Fireworks show only
Gates open at 6pm and the band starts playing at 7pm
Fireworks display at 9pm
There will be food trucks and beverages available for purchase
- Land-O-Pines Family Campground Celebration: July 2-3-4-5
17145 Million Dollar Road, Covington
Reservations required, 3 night minimum.
Weekend activities include: band Saturday night, D.J. with fireworks Sunday night, tournaments, golf cart parade, poker run, hayrides, daily bingos, games, and more! Waterslide open late on Saturday & Sunday nights ($)
ST. BERNARD PARISH
- Festivities will begin with the ringing of an exact replica of the original Liberty Bell in Independence Hall, Philadelphia. The bell ringing will be in Liberty Bell Plaza in front of the Frederick J. Sigur Civic Center in Chalmette, in honor of all veterans. From 5:30-6:30 on the Civic Center grounds, DJ MAFIA will provide music, followed by live music from 6:45 to 9:45 by Junior and Sumtin’ Sneaky. Food, drinks, and crafts will be available for purchase. Fireworks start at 9:45, “with a guaranteed, breathtaking grand finale.”
ST. CHARLES PARISH
- 31st annual Independence Day Celebration: July 3
West Bank Bridge Park
The program will begin at 6:15 p.m. with the raising of the flag, the national anthem and brief remarks from President Jewell. Groovy 7 will take the stage at approximately 6:25 p.m., and a 20-minute fireworks display will start at 9 p.m.
Alcohol will not be sold at the event. However, residents may bring their own alcohol, ice chests and folding chairs to the event.
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
- “Patriots and Pirates, a Revolutionary Celebration” at the USS KIDD Veterans Museum
Will Wesley perform from noon until 3 p.m., the Marine Forces Reserve Band from Belle Chasse performing from 6 to 9 p.m., kid’s activities, a River Road Market with food, beverage, arts, and souvenir vendors, and fireworks at dusk
V.I.P. (Very Important Patriot (or Pirate)) event begins at 5 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person and include access to the museum for the evening, food and beverages, access to the ship beginning at 8 p.m., and the best view of the fireworks on the Mississippi River.
The USS KIDD Veterans Museum will be open for regular visitation on Sunday, July 4th, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Admission is charged.
- L’Auberge Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza
- The Rooftop Pool Viewing Party
- Enjoy a view of the fireworks show from the top of the 12th floor at The Rooftop pool at L’Auberge. Guests can purchase access to The Rooftop for $20 at the door. GEAUX DJ will be performing from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. The fireworks show starts at 9 p.m. Access to the Rooftop pool is based on availability.
- Edge Bar Balcony Viewing Party
- Edge and its balcony viewing area is free to the public, but all guests must be 21+ to enter. True Spin will perform on the Edge stage from 8 p.m. – Midnight. The fireworks show starts at 9 p.m. Access to the Edge balcony is based on availability.
- The Lawn Viewing Party
- Family friendly viewing of the L’Auberge 4th of July fireworks show will occur on The Lawn adjacent to the Mississippi River levee. This viewing area is free to the public and all ages are welcome. There will be beer and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase. The fireworks show will start at 9 p.m.
- The Promenade Viewing Party
- The Anteeks will be performing in the Promenade from 8 p.m. – Midnight. The area is free to the public and all ages are welcome Fireworks show will start at 9 p.m.
- The Rooftop Pool Viewing Party