NEW ORLEANS – The potential for snow, sleet, or a wintry mix is prompting school closures across Louisiana.
“We have a cold front moving into the area with some rain lingering behind the front. If temperatures can cool quick enough before the precipitation ends, the chance exists for a little snow or sleet,” said Chief Meteorologist Hank Allen.
Because of the potential bad weather, the following school districts have altered or cancelled upcoming classes:
- Tangipahoa Parish public schools will be delayed by 2 hours on Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Washington Parish will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Bogalusa City Schools will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Northshore Charter School in Bogalusa will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Franklin Parish Schools will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Catahoula Parish Schools will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 29
We will continue to update this list as the day goes on.
Stay tuned to WGNO for the latest from our weather team.