JEFFERSON PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Jefferson Parish officials lifted a boil order on Saturday that impacted the entire East Bank.
Officials said the boil order was prompted by a power surge at the East Bank Water Treatment Plant during Thursday night’s storm.
According to Councilman-at-Large Scott Walker, the reverse 911 system was used to target all East Bank homeowners but the alert did not notify everyone the way it should have. JP Alert was sent out Saturday to notify homeowners that the boil order was lifted.
Homeowners and businesses are urged to turn on their faucets and let the water run cold for a few minutes to flush the system.
To sign up for JP Alert, text JPALERT to 888777. To check your status on the JP Alert system or Reverse 911, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ‘Our goal is to spread literature’: Florida couple sells banned books at new book store
- ‘I’m concerned’: Giant sinkhole in Florida neighborhood prompts shutdown of residential street
- Theodore ‘Ted’ Kaczynski, the ‘Unabomber,’ dies in federal prison
- 3 signs it’s time to pause your credit card spending
- Highest-rated Mexican restaurants in New Orleans, according to Tripadvisor