LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) — A woman is dead after an apparent industrial accident in LaPlace on Thursday, July 13, sources say.
Sources told WGNO the incident happened at the Denka plant on La. 44 in LaPlace. Family members have identified the woman as Jade Lashawn Taylor.
The circumstances surrounding the accident have not been released, but a source close to the investigation says it appears Taylor was crushed between two train cars.
The company released a statement on the incident.
“We are saddened to confirm a DPE employee was found unresponsive Thursday at the company’s site near Reserve in St. John the Baptist Parish and later passed away at a local hospital. Our thoughts are with the family, friends, and coworkers of the employee and our entire DPE family.”
No further details have been released, but WGNO will provide further information as it becomes available.
- Trump to retake stand in New York fraud trial
- Video: Wings clipped, Easton parents react to season halted
- FNF Archbishop Hannan Ball Hawk of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Brayden Bertucci
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: John Curtis’s Bryce Godfrey
- How to keep your pet safe during the holidays