NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The NOLA T-Shirt of the Month Club shop on St. Ann in the French Quarter believes they had a visitor at their store last night. A ghost, perhaps?
Store owner Jackie Abston tells WGNO that at around 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, “it appears as though a French Quarter spirit may have visited our store.”
Owners Jackie and John Abston reviewed the store’s video surveillance cameras and say that it appears the side was pushed open on its own unexplainably.
“You can see a light white orbit fly across one of the cameras and you can see what appears to be something moving in the reflection of the glass in another door,” Abston said.
Although, they say it appears nothing was moved or touched when they went to check on the store.
“We believe it was just a friendly French Quarter spirit just checking out our new t-shirt collection after having one too many Sazeracs,” Jackie jokingly said.
The owners say they have definitely felt spirits in their store before.
“I hear footsteps a lot when nobody is in there and sometimes the lamp will turn off unexpectedly. It doesn’t scare me. I believe if the store is haunted, then it is definitely a friendly ghost who loves t-shirts and the spirit of all things New Orleans. I believe this won’t be the last time we will be visited by our local French Quarter ghosts,” Abston said.
- Rubber Duck Derby returns to New Orleans City Park for 14th year
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57