TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – 49-year-old Jimmy Garcia is still missing after a report came in of a missing “person in the water in Boudreaux Canal,” according to the Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard is searching for the missing Hispanic man with the help of these entities:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Station Grand Isle 24-foot Special Purpose Craft – Shallow Water boat crew
- Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team Dulac 26-foot Trailerable Aids to Navigation Boat boat crew
- Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office
The call came in from the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office at approximately 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 6
The Coast Guard says the call stated that “a man had entered the Boudreaux Canal and failed to resurface.”
The last time anyone saw Garcia, the missing man was wearing boxers and did not have a life jacket on.
- Arrest made in North Foster drive homicide
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, fiancée Brittany Matthews say they’re having a baby girl
- Saints Wednesday Injury Report: Michael Thomas listed as limited with ‘ankle/hamstring’ injuries
- Veteran adjusts to life with PTSD with the help of a well-trained pup
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old arrested after leaving pregnant victim at ER, sheriff’s office says