NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A bicyclist was killed after being hit by a car in the Tremé area on Tuesday, May 30.
Officials with the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) said the crash was reported around 3:23 a.m. at the intersection of North Claiborne Avenue and St. Louis Street.
They said a 43-year-old man was traveling northbound on a bicycle on St. Louis Street when he was struck by a Dodge Ram that was traveling eastbound on North Claiborne Street.
The cyclist was taken by ambulance to a local hospital but died shortly after.
A section of North Claiborne Avenue was shut down after the crash.
NOPD officials said the crash is under investigation.
- Biden ESG rule survives challenge from 25 red states
- ABC eyes postponing ‘Dancing With the Stars’ as actor drops out amid writers strike
- America’s best-selling trucks in 2023
- Tons of fish left to rot at shuttered seafood market in Missouri; locals complain of ‘disgusting’ stench
- UAW to expand strike; leader invites Biden to picket with workers