BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – A 39-year-old Baton Rouge man is under arrest in connection with the death of 40-year-old Davonia Cleveland.
David Johnson, of 12254 La. Margie Ave., is facing one count of 2nd Degree Murder.
After receiving a call about a suspected overdose, police “found Cleveland unresponsive in a room,” according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
Authorities believe that Johnson gave Cleveland narcotics that led to her death.
BRPD says, “autopsy results revealed that Cleveland died shortly after consuming narcotics.”
Johnson is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after being taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Task Force.
- FNF: John Curtis defeats Archbishop Shaw 33-6 Thursday night
- Juarez sets 15-day overnight lockdown after massive coronavirus spike
- Paranormal W.Va: The Ghost of the Silver Run Tunnel
- Woman charged after trying to ‘teach children a lesson’ by driving car with them on roof in Marion County, officers say
- Competing candidates for Utah Governor unite to promote civility