NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The City of New Orleans announced meal distribution and upcoming cooling station locations for citizens in the wake of Hurricane Ida.
Wednesday, September 1
Free meals will be available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Treme Rec Center (900 North Villere St.)
- Cut Off Rec Center (6600 Belgrade St.)
- Gernon Brown Rec Center (1001 Harrison Ave.)
- Milne Rec Center (5420 Franklin Ave.)
- Stallings St. Claude Rec Center (4300 St Claude Ave.)
- John P Lyons Rec Center (624 Louisiana Ave.)
- Joe W Brown Rec Center (5601 Read Blvd.)
- Rosenwald Rec Center (1120 South Broad Ave.)
From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, cooling stations are available at these locations through use of air-conditioned RTA buses. Also, charging stations are available for citizens to charge their cell phones.
Cooling stations are also available at these locations through the use of air-conditioned RTA buses.
Additionally, the Louisiana National Guard is holding drive-thru water and MRE distribution events through 6 p.m. today at the following locations. Additional locations will be announced on Sept. 2:
- Joe Brown Park (5745 Read Blvd).
- Mahalia Jackson Theater (1451 Basin St.)
For more information on distribution locations and all City of New Orleans Hurricane Ida recovery, visit NOLA Ready at https://ready.nola.gov and follow NOLA Ready on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Text updates are also available by texting NOLAREADY to 77295.