NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Jazz Fest may have got off to a rainy start today but it only delayed festival goers for about 2 hours.
As strong crowds made their way to the festival heavy rain made it’s way through New Orleans early Saturday morning (May 6th) causing organizers of the Fest to take to Twitter to announce some slight changes.
Due to weather delaying the opening times the first set of performances were cancelled and the second half of performers were pushed back about 30 minutes. The updated performance list can be found on the official New Orleans Jazz Fest website.
Regardless of the weather the festival numbers remined strong.
Attendees came prepared with ponchos, umbrellas, and rain boots. One attendee, Colleen Nicholl, who was celebrating her 26th year at the fest stated, “We are here rain or shine every single year as a little baby and now as an adult so it’s really good to be here. Happy jazz fest!”
- NOPD arrests man accused of three burglaries
- Monroe man and son killed in Virgina shooting after high school graduation
- Where Y’at this Weekend? Great Wine, Music, Tomatoes, and More!!
- El Niño officially arrives early: What it means for 2023 weather
- Florida man contracts flesh-eating bacteria after being bitten by person at family function
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.