BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Both of the Jefferson Parish Animal Shelters–located in Harvey and Harahan–will join the North Shore Animal League this month to participate in a month-long adoption event.
Those shelters will join roughly 2,000 other shelter partners in taking part in the 27th Annual Global Pet Adoptathon, according to a Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter Press Release.
Throughout May, the shelters will have a promotion called “May the Fur Be With You” in which adoption fees for all pets will only be $50.
Adoptions at the Jefferson Parish shelters are available only through appointments.
Both Jefferson Parish shelters are open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The East Bank shelter is located at 1 Humane Way in Harahan. To contact the shelter, call 504-736-6111.
The West Bank shelter is located at 2701 Lapalco Blvd. in Harvey. To contact this shelter, call 504-349-5111.
For more information about the adoptathon, click here.
- Carson Wentz takes in first experience at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Speedway businesses claim financial victory on GMR Grand Prix weekend
- ‘Delivering the science’: CDC director defends decision to ditch masks
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India
- Man succumbs to multiple gunshot wounds in Desire Area shooting