Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
KENNER, La. (WGNO) — The ice cream truck driver accused of crashing into a Kenner apartment has been charged with negligent homicide after a 12-year-old boy died.
The crash happened in the 300 block of Clemson Place on Saturday, May 20. Initially, officials with the Kenner Police Department (KPD) said 71-year-old Mechael Yousef Mansoor had suffered a medical event when he crashed an ice cream truck into the apartment.
They said 12-year-old Adrien Flores was critically injured by the crash.
Mansoor was originally charged with negligent injuring and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Flores’ family later confirmed the boy had been pronounced legally dead. He was removed from life support.
KPD officials said Mansoor’s charges were upgraded to negligent homicide.
- How to make DIY air purifiers that filter out wildfire smoke
- What to know about Trump’s latest indictment and what’s next
- What to watch as Trump, DeSantis, Pence speak at North Carolina GOP convention
- Republicans buckle down for what could be marathon blockade
- Trump immediately fundraises after saying he was indicted in documents probe
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.