NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — On Thursday morning, Ochsner health leaders held a media briefing to provide a COVID-19 update.
According to Ochsner health leaders, 890 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized across their system.
- On July 28, Ochsner had 514, which is a 73% increase in just over one week.
- COVID-19 hospitalizations on August, 5 , 2021, approximately 90% are unvaccinated.
- This week Ochsner administered 20,868 COVID-19 tests and 19.75% were positive (4,122).
Pediatric Numbers (System)
- Positivity rates for pediatric patients (ages 0 – 19) tested for COVID are at 24.5% this week.
- Ochsner is caring for 7 pediatric COVID patients as of August 5.
- The average age for our admitted pediatric patients is 5.7 years old.
- Ochsner has administered over 491,022 doses of the vaccine and counting.
- Ochsner anticipates they will exceed 500,000 doses this week.
- 1,200+ Ochsner employees received a vaccine in the last week and continue to see more vaccinated each day.
- 62% of Ochsner employees are fully vaccinated.
- 67% of Ochsner employees have initiated their vaccine series.
- To find a vaccine location near you visit www.Ochsner.org/vaccine.